The Joint Admission Matriculation Board, JAMB Requirements for Medicine & Surgery Has been Published online www.jamb.org.ng.
“JAMB Requirements for Medicine & Surgery – www.jamb.org.ng Requirements, Why You Should study Medicine & Surgery, JAMB UTME subject requirements, list of Universities in Nigeria offering Medicine and Surgery, details below…”
Often times, students fail to gain admission for the MBBS program due to their low JAMB scores. Beradiva will Provide you with the necessary information you need to Know with regards to the JAMB exam also known as UTME.
Prior to writing the UTME, you should have written your WAEC exams. And there are 5 WAEC subjects you must pass to study Medicine and Surgery. This subject combination is also applicable to NECO AND GCE.
Why You Should study Medicine & Surgery
Just in case you don’t know what Medicine and Surgery does for you, here are a few highlights.
- Provide students with a broad and balanced foundation of a sound scientific, professional platform for the production of medical doctors who would be capable of working anywhere in Nigeria and be acceptable by the international community;
- Provide such training as would equip this future health personnel to render care at Primary Health Care (PHC) level;
- Develop in students the ability to apply knowledge and skills to solving theoretical and practical issues and satisfy internationally recognized standards, and undertake postgraduate training towards specialization within and outside the country; and
- Train medical doctors with sufficient management ability to play a leadership role in health care delivery and develop a range of transferable skills that are of value in Medical practice.
JAMB Requirements for Medicine & Surgery
JAMB UTME subject requirements
The JAMB UTME subject requirements for Medicine and Surgery are;
- English Language
Students are expected to aim for a score of 180 – 200 and above in JAMB UTME. Anything short of that means you can’t be admitted to study Medicine.
list of Universities in Nigeria offering Medicine and Surgery:
Applicants are expected to be well clear of the Universities in Nigeria offering Medicine and Surgery before having a second thought. Due to this, we have provided you with the list of Universities in Nigeria offering Medicine and Surgery.
- Abia State University, Uturu
- Afe Babalola University, Ado-Ekiti – Ekiti State
- Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria
- Ambrose Alli University, Ekpoma
- Babcock University, Ilishan-Remo
- Bayero University, Kano
- Benue State University, Makurdi
- Bowen University, Iwo
- Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu University, Uli
- Delta State University, Abraka (DELSU)
- Ebonyi State University, Abakaliki
- ECWA Bingham University, New Karu
- Ekiti State University
- Enugu State University of Science and Technology, Enugu (ESUT)
- Gombe State University, Gombe
- Gregory University, Uturu
- Imo State University, Owerri (IMSU)
- Kogi State University Anyigba
- The Ladoke Akintola University of Technology, Ogbomoso (LAUTECH)
- Lagos State University, Ojo (LASU)
- Madonna University, Okija
- Niger Delta University Yenagoa (NDU)
- Nile University of Nigeria, Abuja
- Nnamdi Azikiwe University, Awka (UNIZIK)
- Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-Ife (OAU)
- Olabisi Onabanjo University, Ago Iwoye
- Ondo State University of Medical Sciences (OSUMS)
- Osun State University Osogbo (UNIOSUN)
- University of Abuja, Gwagwalada
- University of Benin (UNIBEN)
- University of Calabar (UNICAL)
- University of Ibadan (UI)
- Igbinedion University Okada
- University of Ilorin (UNILORIN)
- University of Jos (UNIJOS)
- University of Lagos (UNILAG)
- University of Maiduguri (UNIMAID)
- The University of Nigeria, Nsukka (UNN)
- University of Port-Harcourt (UNIPORT)
- The University of Uyo, Akwa Ibom (UNIUYO)
- Usmanu Danfodiyo University (UDUSOK)
Hope this was helpful!
As always, we’ll love to know your concerns, should you have any question(s), drop it on our comment Box below. Thanks